Monday, December 30, 2013

Compliments are hard...

The audacity of me to miss Friday's post. I was feeling a little under the weather this weekend, so I didn't get a chance to post what I wanted to talk about. but since it is a new day and that topic seemed so bland I decided to scrap that and save it for another Friday.
So on another note, I got my favorite backhanded slap in the face compliment, and it just made me think of all the awkward, perverse, inappropriate compliments I have come across in my few years of being "of age". I know these types of compliments aren't limited to big girls, but I'm no skinny bitch, so I won't speak on the generic ones just the ones that tend to be big girl specific.

  • "Girl, you thicka than a snicka"
  • "You're pretty, for a big girl"
  • "You look delicious"
  • With no regard for my name "Can I get your  number"
  • "What's wrong with your face? Why is it so gorgeous?"
  • "Your lips are real nice, I bet they taste good"

For me I always wonder where guys learned these statements and what compels you to say them to a woman. Am I supposed to be flattered and just fawn over you just because you want to get into my panties? You are a man, I am a woman, that is the natural order of things. Is it too much effort to ask for you to try and get me and not approach me like you got me already? My favorite is when they act like they are so attractive that I should feel honored they approached me. My confidence doesn't always show, but I know my worth enough to know when you are trying to run game on me. Turning around and calling me names all you want because it might make you feel better in the moment, but we both know you thought you could pull me, got your feelings hurt along with a bruised ego. That doesn't make me the bad guy, it should tell you to humble yourself because not everyone wants you.
There are far too many big girls that allow any ole pick-up line to work. I've seen it, and I'm just in my own space like"noooooo, he's a dick, don't do it" I just shake my head and keep moving. I feel like this is where these lines were born. They worked with that one girl, so they use them on women they think have similar self-esteem issues. Generalizing will get your feelings hurt.
There is no trick to picking up women, just don't be a creep or a jerk. Yet I know this may be hard for many guys to comprehend, because women are complicated creatures, but we can appreciate the simplest of things as well; Well, at least I can.

2 comments:

  1. There are creeps who use pick up lines on women who they think have low self esteem. It's also nice guys like myself ;) who try to use a funny conversation opener just to get a laugh. The creeps ruin it for the good guys and they end up getting laughed at and/or cussed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so very true..I think you're sweet though...I would totally give you a chance if you approached me in real life ;)

      Delete