Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Welcome back to my side of town

The rollercoaster that is life takes us away from our passions. In the spirit of getting back to sharing my thoughts, ideas, views, joys, and sorrows I have decided to be recommitted in the expressing of my art, writing. I have so many projects coming forward that I need a safe space to release the emotions I'm going through. Talking out topics that confuse me so as to gain insight and perspective. With all that being said, I have a few things I want to talk about that just need to be said.

  • Big girls will never be a token, option, or addition to anything you do. We deserve the same respect and priority given to others. We are not less than or invisible. 
  • Black women are not angry and bitter, they are tired of being disrespected by literally everyone.
  • Love is not a destination in life! It is a benefit of care, affection, and respect.
  • Marriage is more than a fancy party and a mound of debt to celebrate starting a new life with
    someone.
  • Patriarchal privilege, misogyny, and blatant colorism get praised by these fake deep black men that want to be seen as enlightened when in reality they just as bad as the assholes they claim to be fighting.
I'm not about to be up here preaching through an extra long post and telling you all some things that should already be common knowledge, but these are things I just had to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment