Friday, January 10, 2014

Why Are You Single?

This is probably my least favorite question on the face of the Earth. It just gets on my nerves because people use it in such a condescending way that just makes me not want to have the conversation with them. The subtext in the tone of voice reads "how crazy are you that you can't get a significant other". [And don't even dare begin to infer that it has anything to do with my weight, because I'm always going to be me instead of changing like most women do when they get a relationship. Hunnie I'm thick and fabulous now and will be thick and fabulous after. If you gain 15 lbs you get depressed I gain 15 lbs and I get a bigger bra. So lets not even go there.] By the way, thank you for calling me a crazy loser, it couldn't possibly be the fact that I am considerate enough to not bring someone in the drama that is my life. I turn down suitors, because I am not ready to be with someone, not because I'm not interested. It takes lots of self-control to not fuck up someone's life with your drama when you know you would damage them. So yes I am single by choice and not default. People are so lonely and desperate that they spread their misery to make themselves feel better. Okay, so this got a little rant-y but my point is still valid. Asking why someone is single is their business, and usually a sensitive topic. While I might be lonely at night doesn't mean I want to jump into a relationship to make me feel better when other aspects of my life need work and are far more important than who's cuddled up in my bed.
Along the same line, If you don't mean it in that manner, why is your capacity for compassion so limited that you have to figure out what's wrong with someone just to know about their love life which in all reality doesn't concern you. Are you so bored with your life that you have to be nosy in someone else's? There are far too many people concerned with other people's love life and not concerned with the relationship they are in. Like how about you worry about if you will be single soon.
I just needed to get this off my chest, because I keep getting asked about it, and its starting to annoy me. People just don't understand.

1 comment:

  1. I pretty much know how you feel.Its about being ready and how comfortable you feel with yourself.Depending on what you been through,you should know when your ready.Maybe not ready for a relationship but companionship which a lot of people get confused about especially if sex is involved.Sex shouldn't be used in that situation but in the society we live in,sex is all around and we want it more and more.Its all about control and being true to your feelings.

    ReplyDelete